Sunday, September 21, 2008

Milk and it's "Jugs"

I have noticed over the last months (however many) a trend with dairy products...their containers are, well, not contained. My initial reaction is to subscribe to the conspiracy theories that big time companies have these devious and malicious intents, that they are cutting costs and therefore making thinner containers. I then quickly change the subject to prevent myself from becoming overpopulated with too many of these superstitions. My most recent dairy experience was found at our favorite frozen custard shanty. I ordered the "oh so sinful" Chocolate Voodoo Pothole, with far too many endearments to list. When I received mine I retorted, "that girl could have wiped the cup off,...stupid teenage girl." (yes I am guilty of calling out teenagers even at 22) sadly I then noticed that the cup was cracked. Do you remember that poster with the man he had on plumber pants and he was sitting on a cooler and at the bottom it said, "Say no to crack"? Well that was about the size of this one. Suddenly I was covered in the oh so delectable chocolaty goodness, I felt like a dog rolling around in one of his beloved finds. The hubby ran to get me a cup as it continued to pour out all over me and the car, the baby screaming because he knew he deserved some. Another one of the stupid teenagers completely ignored Ben's attempt to save the custard, so when he finally returned I looked like what has been referred to as a Circle K Kid. I have tossed around the idea of emailing the company and informing them of my experience and the need of some sort of adult supervision for these "stupid teenagers". I have decided to go with it, in hopes of receiving a voucher for a frozen custard treat of my choice. What can I say maybe I am doing exactly what I have accused the "big time" companies of doing!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love your writing! We tend to email companies and complain whenever we have an issue. I guess it's a way to get out steam without being confrontational. Of course there's always the hope of getting something free (or replaced) to make it all better. :)

Latisha said...

Well written - love the story!!