Monday, September 15, 2008

A change in holding

My dearly beloved, let me re-phrase that my dearest husband has unknowingly given his blog up to myself. These past 9 months have flown by so quickly I hardly have any memory of it. Quite frankly I never thought that the adolescent slow motionless of life would ever cease to torment me. I have been warned more than my share that kids make your life flash before your eyes, and I will swear by it; I suspect I will be 70 tomorrow when I look back. I did read someplace by a professor that I should probably remember, "teens are so busy doing new things all the time that time itself moves more slowly in their perspective, adults are busy doing the same things every single day that time in their perspective speeds up." I liken it to the same old drive to work every day, you get so accustomed to seeing the same things in the same place that you don't consciously acknowledge them. And so, I come to my final point. Every day we see the ones we love and forget to verbally tell them we love them ass-uming they already know. We move by in life with all of our important and mandatory tasks at hand and push them to the side for later. Over the last few years and especially recently some jolting experiences have occurred in my life alerting me to the fact that life can't wait and, neither can the ones you love. So tell someone you love how you feel about them today.
Signing off. From, your loving bloggerhead